- It is estimated that only about half of those with mental illnesses receive treatment, leaving millions untreated.
- Childhood trauma and abuse may be the biggest public health problem in the U.S.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics names psychological maltreatment as “the most challenging and prevalent form of child abuse and neglect.”
- “To date, few preventative interventions have been funded… and are not likely to be until child sexual abuse is recognized as a public health issue.”
- SOURCE: https://outoftheshadows.eiu.com/
- According to NAMI, half of all lifetime mental disorders begin by age 14 and three-quarters by age 24.
- SOURCE: https://www.nami.org/mhstats
- 9.3 Billion. Economic Fallout from Childhood Sexual Abuse on the U.S. (Graphic)
- The annual cost to society of anxiety disorders is estimated to be over $4.3 billion…..
- Five percent of adults (18 or older) experience a mental illness in any one year, equivalent to 43.8 million people.
Previously Cited Images