The term Perissos is the Greek word meaning abundant and is found in John 10:10, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” This program is all about helping those who experience the unique challenges and stressors of serving in and around ministry achieve an “abundant” life. We achieve this by providing a safe place where authentic relationships can be built and maintained with others who experience similar struggles. There is a clear need for a ministry specifically designed for the challenges of those who are called to work in ministry.
A founding principle of our ministry is Genesis 2:18, where God said “It is not good for man to be alone. I will create a helpmate suitable for you.” This verse is not simply the congregation’s need for a helpmate, but yours as well. It is meant for you! Striving for wholeness and integration of our public persona and private world can only happen in safe community with others who are committed to the same thing. Others who truly understand the dynamics at work in the unique environment of ministry, and that’s what Perissos provides.
Perissos participants will
- Enter into relationships with a core group of 4-5 ministry leaders for one hour weekly with a trained facilitator to learn, listen, grow, support, encourage, and pray for one another.
- Focus on monthly themes designed to promote spiritual, emotional and relational health in a safe environment. Topics include themes on boundaries, marriage, relational needs, making room for life, spiritual formation, honor, and sex, lust and temptation.
- Be guided by a facilitator who will take the group through a series of thought provoking questions and practical application meant to guide you in your move toward wholeness.
- Receive access to a variety of additional resources that are designed to help you develop a deeper relationship with Christ, allowing you to experience greater effectiveness and longevity in both life and ministry.
Ministry by nature is challenging and can be debilitating. We understand and we care. Let us be a part of your self care plan so that you can run with endurance the race that is set before you. (Hebrews 12:1)
What are current subscribers saying?
“Perissos is exactly what we need more of Matt! I love it. Our pastor leadership is desperate for this right now.” – SW
“As a pastor of a new church, I struggle to find people that I can talk to at our church because every conversation is delicate right now. To have a consistent group of people who I can talk to and who can pray for me is something that I long for.” – East Coast Church Planter
“I have a strong desire to talk regularly with pastors that are outside my network. When I am only interacting with other pastors from my network, it begins to feel competitive instead of collaborative so I am excited about the opportunity to talk weekly with pastors from all over the U.S. who can share in the ups and downs of ministry but to do so without the pressure that networks and denominations tend to add to those conversations.” – MB
“Today i finished my fourth month of Perissos. It has been a game changer for me personally. Today was significant because it was the date i set back in late January/ early February to lose 15 lbs by May 31. The first person I need to tell was my wife and then the goal was that we would go to the gym together. I also set the goal of journaling 4 times a week .
Today – May 31 – I have lost 22 lbs by going to the gym at least four times a week with my wife. I also finished my first full journal on this day as well.
The two goals have helped me create better habits and more stable rhythms in my personal and ministry life. My Perissos group has been an integral part of that journey and a huge encouragement.
I have been lucky over the years to work at a church that has some great leaders speaking into my life and coaching me but this group has caused me to make and complete goals that for some reason I have not been able sustain in the past.
I highly recommend for any pastor that needs a group that can listen, encourage and even be the catalyst to help take your leadership and follow-ship to a more sustainable, God honoring level.” – CMH
“Since starting our church planting journey over 2 years ago, I have struggled with being in groups with other Pastors in my area because it felt like every conversation had undertones of comparison. It was also hard to feel safe and comfortable sharing about my struggles as a leader and a follower of Jesus because of the fear of losing financial support or church support because of my flaws and imperfections.
Being a part of Perissos has given me a place to be honest and open about what is going on in my life and it has surrounded me with guys who are genuinely cheering me on, not just as a pastor, but also as a husband, father, and a follower of Jesus. When I was asked to join a Perissos group, I was skeptical because of past experiences but this group is different. It is full of grace and truth and it is a place where I can truly be myself. The church would be a much healthier place if more Pastors got into Perissos groups.” – Michael
Become A Member of Our Perissos Network!
- Enter into relationships with a core group of 4-5 ministry leaders
- Focus on monthly themes designed to promote spiritual, emotional and relational health in a safe environment
- Be guided by a facilitator who will take the group through a series of thought provoking questions and practical application
- Receive access to a variety of additional resources that are designed to help you develop a deeper relationship with Christ